Thursday, March 6, 2014

Getting Started

Let's see where to begin!!!

My name is Georgia Ethridge I am 29 years old.  I work with my dad and brother in the insurance business which has been a blessing.  The reason why I wanted to start blogging is because my passion for interior decorating and shabby chicing furniture.  It all started in college when I got move into my own condo and decorated my room!!!  My room was very bright and I loved it.  I would always keep the lights on because you could see it a mile away from where I live.  Here are some pictures of my college room and where my passion for decorating began.  I wished I would have taken more pictures of my college room because I had it decorated more over the years before I moved out. 






That was the past and this is the future.  I married my sweet husband on October 15, 2011.  He bought our home several years before we even started dating and when I first walked into our house for the first time and I was thinking "What am I getting myself into"  In the living room he had Budweiser pictures and a poster of a monkey drinking a beer!!!  I was thinking to myself that this has got to go!!!  It was a man cave in itself!!!  So we made a compromise, he really wanted to keep the all of his pictures on the walls so we both agreed that he could use one of the guest bedrooms as his "man cave" where he could hang up the pictures that he wanted to hang up.  He was so excited about decorating his on room he even painted the walls all by himself.  I will take a picture of his "man cave" and post it on here later.  Needless to say David's "man cave" does not look bad and I think he did he did a great job decorating his room.  I am very proud of him.

So, I said all of that to say this.  When we first started remodeling our house I had a slate that was wide open and my decorating ideas were constantly running in my head.  The walls had never been painted some of the furniture I could shabby chic and we would not have to go out and buy all new furniture!!!  Our first big project was painting our house and I will say Benjamin Moore paint is the best.  I use their paint for everything even shabby chicing our furniture.  We painted every room except the guest bedroom and that is because I am still debating on what color to paint it. 

When it came down to arranging the furniture, I really wanted to start learning how to paint furniture.  A lot of the furniture was David's and lets just say that some of it needed a "girl's touch" to it.  So, I started researching how to shabby chic furniture because this would be my first DIY project that I had ever started and I had no clue how to begin!  Thank goodness for Pinterest because it gave me step by step instructions on how to shabby chic furniture and I still use that some method today.  The first piece of furniture I shabby chiced was in David's breakfast room before we got married and I thought it would look great as a console table behind our sofa and I have to say that after I painted it it looks great and is a great console table.  Here are the before and after pics of it.




 I love the way it turned out because that has led to many projects that I have done over the past couple of years that I will blog about later.  We still use that table today and if we need extra chairs we use these chairs to sit around our kitchen table if we have extra guests.    

No comments:

Post a Comment